Re: using winamp and windows media player

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 23:23:36 -0500

Hi Joanie
This kindof falls into the off-topic area since it's not really a question
about Winamp itself, but I can sure understand why you posted.  What you
need to do is to tell Windows Media player to not play any of the file
types that Winamp plays,which you can do in the tools menu. I believe you
go to tools, and then options.  then go to the file types tab.  Just
uncheck the boxes for the filetypes you don't want windows media player to
play and it'll behave itself. Or at least it should.  That way the 2
players can live hapily on your system. and if worse comes to worse, you
can always go into Winamp and re-associate it with everything. I hope this
helps.