seeking advice ... please help ...

  • From: "Jeff Bishop" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp for the Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:19:35 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can lend me a hand.  I am doing some radio
broadcasting on FTP-Radio on for-the-people.com.  Here is the way I have
things configured:

- Winamp 5.05 with Shoutcast and the Audio-Stocker plugin installed

- I am using the mix for audiostocker and shoutcast.

- I am using Station Playlist Studio to play my music and other bits.

This is all I am using at the moment (no DSP stackers).

I have heard that my music may be being compressed but not my mic audio.  I
am not using a mixer.

So, the question is, how can I improve this scenario.  I have heard it is
best to broadcast using one copy of WinAmp and play my music through
another.  Is this required if a mixer is not being used?  If so, do I need
to install WinAmp twice into two different folders so that plugins are not
loaded upon startup?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff