Re: preparing to shoutcast with winamp

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:50:16 -0700

Hi Rusty, to stop a song after it has played, press control v while in
the playlist editor, as for adding inserted elements, such as wild
tracks, etcetera, I don't know how this would be done, but I don't
think it can be done with just one instance of winamp.
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:59:01 -0700, Rusty Perez wrote:

Hi folks,
I am preparing to netcast with winamp ETC. It's been a while since
I've done this, and the first time was pretty minimal, so I want to
find out if much has changed.

When last I did this, six years or so ago, I used winamp, the
shoutcast plugin, and the audiostocker plugin. It seemed to work well.

My plan is to put a small mixer in to the line of my sound card.
this'll be for mics and possibly other audio sources. I plan to play
the music through winamp. I want the whole thing to be sent over the
shoutcast stream.

I've set up shoutcast for the advanced recording setup ETC.

Is there a more modern way to do this? Are there other things I should
think about? . . . compression . . . EQ? Something better than
audiostocker?

Also, I don't have much practice with the playlist editor.
I have a few questions on that.
Once I've created a playlist, can I stop the playback to talk between
songs? Can I drop in another element that I don't have in the
playlist?For example, let's say a song is playing. I want the music to
stop at the end of this song so i can say something, then I want to
start the music back up. What are the keystrokes, if different from
normal keystrokes, to make this happen?
Also, is there any way to drop the level of the music in winamp
without dropping the level of the input or line source?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much apreciated.

thanks!
Rusty
winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

or