RE: don't forget to set your clocks back

  • From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:50:56 -0600

Interesting. I assume the original poster was talking about the Congress of
the US. Daylight savings is not a US only notion, so it's not just an
illogical mandate of the US Congress but quite a few governments around the
world. Also, Technically, we're leaving daylight savings time and going back
to standard time, so the complaint should come in March when we institute
daylight savings. Finally, daylight savings goes back to World War II in the
US and much earlier in other countries, such as Great Britain, and of course
Benjamin Franklin is credited with the idea. It wasn't standardized
nationally until 1974, so it's possible that your locality did implement or
reimplement it in 1967.

It's amazing what you can find out with Bing!

--
Christopher
 <mailto:chaltain@xxxxxxxxx> chaltain@xxxxxxxxx

  _____