*.asx files in winamp

  • From: "Rob Robinson" <robert.trj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 23:40:49 -0400

Hi all. Ok, if you do this right, and this is hoping I haven't missed a step,
here is how you should be able to get winamp to open .asx files.
1. let windows media player open the stream you are trying to listen to.
2. save the stream to your hard drive
3. open the file with note pad
4. find the line with ref = mms....
5. copy from mms to the end of the IP address.
6. open winamp, and press ctrl plus L
7. press the back space key, and then press ctrl V to paste in the IP.
8. go to the beginning of the address, and remove the mms, and replace it with
http:
9. at the end of the address, put .wma
10. press enter, and wait to see if the stream starts. If it does, then press
alt I to bookmark it.
On the recommendation of the person who told me this information, who is highly
knowledgeable on this subject, it is recommended to use the WMA pluggin from
winamp version 2.5. I have this pluggin, and will send it to those who want it.
***TAKE NOTE***
I will only send this file to those who contact me off list. My email address
is listed below. If you use the mailing list to ask for the file, I
*will*not*acknowledge* the*request!!
Sincerely,
Robert Robinson
robert.trj@xxxxxxxxx