Re: are Winamp scripts available for 64 bit machines?

  • From: Jitendra <jeet.invincible@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 06:13:18 +0530

I knew when 64 adition came that this problem will be for sure, since JAWS scripts uses wa4jfw.dll to get information when you set equaliser, check the time elapsed, total, the closed and open state of the window and many more things. this dll was programmed into which language I don't know, but that time, 64 bit pcs perhaps, or windows for sure was not there, so the problem is in the dll that should be re-compiled as 64 bit, and then this issue will go. you should tell fs about this, or ask david truong skype: blindboxer

if he still has source to this, perhaps he can do something.
note: your other apps work fine since not each application needs this type of dll's, for more info, contact me off-list or on the jaws scripting list.
Thank you, Jitendra.
Http://www.ultrauniverse.co.cc
joanne wrote:
I hope someone can please answer this, or perhaps someone might know if there's a way to make Winamp run as a 32-bit program. My backup computer, which I'll probably be using for a good month or more, will not respond to any Jaws keystrokes in Winamp--I mean no equalizers can be set, no remaining time of a file notice, etc. Is there a work-around? I've had to resort to Media Player, only because by digging I found its equalizer. But it's not real accessible and Winamp is my player of choice. I don't know if there are new Jaws scripts that might work, or if there's perhaps another fix. But would really like to use Winamp again. It's a 64-bit machine with Windows 7--not my choice but this is what I must use till my real Winamp accessible computer comes back. Thanks for any help.