Re: Winamp Library, Again

  • From: "Dana S. Leslie" <dsleslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 17:04:20 -0500

Thanks; I'll give Foobar a look.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chaltain@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 3:46 PM
Subject: Re: Winamp Library, Again

I use the Winamp library to manage the media on my hard drive and
portable media players. I also use it to manage my podcasts. I find that
it's usable for these tasks with JAWS and no additional scripts. In
addition to keystrokes like tab, control+tab and your arrow keys, you
may also have to use F6 and control+f10 a lot. For example, as you're
arrowing up and down in the library, focus may get hijacked into another
pane, and you'll have to use F6 to get back into the library tree.

Another tool which may do what you want, and which may be a bit simpler
and JAWS friendlier, is FOOBAR 2000.

--

Christopher
chaltain@xxxxxxxxx

On 1/6/2011 11:37 AM, Dana S. Leslie wrote:
It's been years since I've even tried using the library. What is the current state of its accessibility, in the latest version of Winamp?

All I really want to do with the library is to generate a listing of every track on my hard drive, arranged by various fields, and choose which tracks to play/enqueue, from there, as a sighted friend tells me he can do with ITunes. Is that much, at least, yet accessible with the Winamp library? Is there a script file I will need?

Thanks.

Blessed Be, Namaste,

Dana
that's Dana, D A N A, NOT Donna, D O N N A
If your synthesizer pronounces them identically, instruct your customized pronunciation dictionary that Dana=dayna.

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman
Email: DSLeslie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: dsleslie
Web: ÞE OL' PHILOSOPHIE SHOPPE