Re: Winamp 5.05 Buffers Slow

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 01:35:32 -0800

Hi, Jim, here's what to do.  First, open winamp, and then go to
preferences with control p, and press the letter p for plugins, and
then the letter i for input, and tab to the list of plugins, of which,
you want the nullsoft mp3 decoder, which is the first plugin in the
list, so press the space bar to select this, and tab to the configure
button, and press the space bar, and you will be in a tab control, so,
focus on the general tab, and use control shift tab to get to the
streaming tab, and then tab over to the track bars, and in window-eyes,
the defaults are 20 of 50 for the first one, and 40 of 50 for the
second one, and for both of these, press the end key in the six pack to
make these both 50 of 50, Jaws will read 100 per cent, then tab to
okay, and press the space bar, and then tab to close, and press the
space bar to get out of preferences, and see if this helps.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:15:35 -0500, James Prather wrote:

>I'm dealing with live streams buffering slowly.  I'll click on a bookmark only
>to have to wait sometimes 10 seconds before I hear anything.  Which
>input/output plug-in do I have to configure?  I have the latest Thompson MP3
>PRO plug-in; also I use XP Service Pack2 with 1GB processor.  Thanks.
>Maranatha
>Jim Prather
>Detroit, MI
>E-Mail:  james_prather@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>MSN/WINDOWS MESSENGER:  japrather@xxxxxxxxxxx
>AOL IM:  JimMSB1
>Yahoo!  Messenger:  jpratherjr@xxxxxxxxx
>ICQ:  196-292-898
>SKYPE:  JimPrather
>PalTalk:  JimboCMU1980
>
> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
>line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead,
>please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty