Who Could Ask for More: Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 23:38:37 -0600 (CST)

It's the next-best thing to romance, and it's coming your way this weekend on Shellworld Radio. Well, actually, if your experiences with romance have been dreary or even downright awful, I rather hope it's somewhat better than romance. Well, whatever it's better than, almost as good as, or doesn't come close to, it is what it is, which is Toews on the Waves. I think I was talking about Toews on the Waves, wasn't I? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was. In which case, please see the bottom of this message for the where, when and how to listen, information about the Website, and the availability of the program via podcasts.

On Friday afternoon, just before Jonathan and/or Julia's totally amazing and explosious Mosen Explosion, we repeat the show that aired, was interrupted, and resumed last week, but this time we plan to air it all at once. Variety, you see. The fifteen-minute spotlight features songs about colors, we have all the usual suspects, episode 7 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and week 1 of Flintstones month: Life with Luiji, which features Alan Reed (Fred Flintstone) as the voice of Pasquale.

Then, on Sunday, it's a brand new never-before-aired episode of TOTW. I asked for some help with my fifteen-minute spotlight on American cities, and boy did I get it. Thank you to everyone who responded, proof positive that TOTW listeners are simply the best. Tune in and see which of the great suggestions I finally went with for the spotlight.

In hour 2 of the show, we feature episode 8 of Hitchhiker's, in which Zaphod is forced to come face to face with the Total Perspective Vortex. It also features the voice of the late great Valentine Dyall as Gargravar.

Finally, in the comedy portion of the show, another old-time radio show for Flintstones Month. This week it's Father Knows Best starring Robert Young, but also featuring Jean Vander Pyl (Wilma Flintstone) asMargaret, the mother in the series.

So there you have it. Deep Thought designed the earth for a bunch of mice, we populated it, and one of the benefits to all is this week's stellar edition of Toews on the Waves.

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.