What is Mp3 Gain?

  • From: "tripout" <tripout@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:40:01 -0500

Hi There folks I see there's some neat playback features. If you press the
letter p 3 or more times in the preferences you hear playback option. There is
one in particular I question. It is called .mp3 gain. If the check box is
checked there is the choice to normalize, apply .mp3 gain or .mp3 gain and
clipping. There is another selection that says preferred source, track or
album. There is a slider box that you can adjust how loud the normalization or
what have you is, I keep this volume at 60 percent. Can anyone explain the
options and what they actually mean and do please?

 Thanks.