What Is Winamp Application Detect?

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For The Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:39:32 -0500

Hi List,

The subject line expressed my question.  I just noticed Winamp Application
Detect in my start menu under programs. I don't ever remember seeing that
before the last few builds of Winamp.  I wonder if whatever it is doing it
could be the source of Winamp staying resident in memory long after I exit the
Winamp program.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995