Re: To any concerned about my needing to learn bookmarks!

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:33:13 -0400

Hi Mac,

Bookmarking something in Winamp is so simple that I think you confused me as
to what you were asking--thus the thread got off topic to a degree as
concerns the radio station.

To bookmark a station in Winamp:

1.  Run Winamp;
2.  Launch a desired stream by any means available and necessary;
3.  Once it is playing in Winamp, press the keystroke alt + I;
4.  You should hear your screen reader say: "bookmark added."
5.  Now if you wish to edit such bookmarks and change the order, you can do
one of two things:
1.  Either from within Winamp press alt + Control + I to launch the
bookmarks area of the library and use the standard delete and edit features
available there or;
2.  find the Winamp.bm file located (later versions of Winamp) in
c:\documents and settings\user name\application data\Winamp (Windows XP) or
C:\Users\username\AppData\Winamp (Windows Vista) [not sure of the paths any
more for Windows 9X versions--brain cells getting old and deteriorating.]

This Winamp.bm file is a standard text file and you can edit is by noting
that the address is on the first line and the displayed bookmark label is on
the second line of any entry.  Sometimes very long station labels will wrap
more than one line, but you get the picture when you look at it I would
think.

Hope this helps.