Re: Streamripper info found

  • From: Reg Webb <reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 07:44:49 +0100

Hi

petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx writes
>the program has no
>uninstall feature built into it and for me I do not install such
>programs anymore.

Reg replies:
I understand your concerns, but, if it's a standard Winamp plug in, the
only thing that will be installed is a .DLL file, maybe a .INI file and,
with luck a .TXT readme file.  If that's the case, you can simply delete
these, or rename them to disable the plug in.  Problems are caused by
applications that put stuff all over your system folder.  I'm not
disagreeing with you, because I don't know what Streamripper does.  But
I didn't want everyone to stop downloading Winamp plug ins, just because
there's no UN-install facility.  Perhaps DJC can tell us how
Streamripper references whatever encoder it uses.  I would suspect that,
if you don't like it, you can simply delete it.

--
Reg Webb
Website: