Still Can't Play Audio Cd's in W5.03a

  • From: "Paul Hutson" <pjhutson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:27:10 -0700

Hi all.

As my subject lines says, I am still having trouble.  Is there a setting I
should look at?
Am I doing something wrong when trying to play audio Cd's?  When I try to
play an audio CD I am just opening up Winamp 5.03a and inserting a CD into
the drive closing the door and waiting a VERY long time for the CD to start
playing.
Then when it finally does play, I hear the first track play completely, then
the music stops but the drive still keeps spinning.  However, sometimes,
when I do what I said above the first track does NOT start playing.  What
happens is, I'll hear a small part of a track, maybe the second, third, or
eighth, or something like that.  Then, the music stops but the CD drive
keeps spinning and my computer system locks up and I have to re-boot from
the big red switch.
Any ideas or help would be appreciated.  I REALLY enjoy listening to CD's
played in Winamp.  Especially now that in the later versions of Winamp, the
D S P pluggins are envoked when playing Audio CD's.
T I A,
Paul