Spring is Here on Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:36:45 -0600 (CST)

Hey, welcome to spring in the Northern Hemosphere, everyone! Notice the difference in the weather? At 12:25 on Monday it was storming and snowy, the temperature was a hundred and two below, then suddenly at 12:26 when Spring started the birds started singing, the grass started growing, the temperature zoomed up to something comfortable ... This work of fiction brought to you by Toews on the Waves, which will be roaring through your computer speakers this weekend. Remember that Jonathan and Julia won't be gracing us with an Explosion this week, if their message from last week is to be believed, so I'll be your Friday evening host this week between 4 and 6 PM Central, with a rebroadcast of Sunday's Toews on the Waves show. If you gave me advice on heart-related songs, now's the time to find out which songs I picked in our fifteen-minute spotlight. Plus, all the usual features that you've come to know and tolerate, episode 9 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the Jack Benny show and beaucoup more. I'm Canadian, you see, I'm stereotypically supposed to know French. I know a good ten or fifteen words.

Then on Sunday evening from 6 until 8 Central, it's a brand new TOTW episode. Since last week marked the last episode of season 3 of Corner Gas, I'll be saying "See You In September" to the program by airing the described video edition of one of my favorite season 3 episodes of the show, Mail Fraud. That's in the second half-hour of the show. We still make time for all of our usual features, though. Our fifteen-minute spotlight features voices I've fallen in love with over the years. Two of these songs qualify as guilty pleasures, and we even throw in a commercial.

In episode 10 of Hitchhiker's, which kicks off the secon hour, our heros arrive on the planet Brontitol and face demented birds, trigger-happy foot soldiers, beautiful archaeologists, and more. And in our last half hour, we wrap up Flintstones month with an episode of the Great Gildersleve.

You won't want to miss Toews on the Waves, so I'll make sure you don't have to. This weekend on the oh-so-great Shellworld Radio!!!

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.