Something Special on Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 08:06:26 -0600 (CST)

As listeners of Toews on the Waves will know, we are in the midst of airing the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series: next week we'll be playing episode 11 of this 26-episode series. In honor of this, we at Toews on the Waves Central are planning some very special programming as part of our fifteen-minute spotlight over the next three weeks. I want to thank Rick Canode for helping me come up with this idea.
As many of you will know, according to Hitchhiker's, the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything is 42. In honor of this, we'll be going through the years 1960 to 1974 inclusive, and on our fifteen-minute spotlight, which usually airs about a quarter of an hour into the first hour of the show, we'll be playing the #42 song from each of those years. This week we'll be going from 1960 until 1964 inclusive, next week it'll be 1965 to 1969, and the following week 1970 to 1974. This is only a part of the show, of course, but I think this special programming will be a lot of fun and give us the chance to play a very wide variety of music. So please do join me starting this Sunday (or next Friday, ifyou prefer) on Toews on the waves.

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.