RE: Some shoutcast questions regarding getting on there directory:

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:03:42 -0500

hi. oh please please don't take this off list. this is fascinating. i've never heard of an error message like that.

At 03:54 AM 6/17/2005, you wrote:

Hi Wil.

I was usihng 1.82 but I went back to 1.80.

I have things pretty much working, but I am getting some strange errors from
shoutcast.

I can now connect to my stream with my other computers and the title and
genre display correctly now and everything looks right.

I am still getting errors from shoutcast itself and I don't know why.

I get an error that says something like your station does not compute.

I am using a proper bit rate as they request and of course if you don't the
plugin warns you anyway so I don't know what there talking about.

We could take this off list and I could try and give you  a more specific
report and maybe you might have a clue.

My email is dbreda@xxxxxxxxxxx

Don