Re: Reading Track Info in the Main Window

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:41:42 -0500

hi. I haven't been able to locate a copy of the FAQ, maybe someone else on list has it? Robert Robinson, our other co-modderator who doesn't speak much but does when it's necessary may have a copy and maybe others do as well. Anyways, I'm not sure how you would do it with JAWS 5. With later versions of JAWS, you can do this thing where if you press insert t twice quickly, it puts everything in the title bar of what JAWS calls the virtual viewer. This allows you to read the title bar word by word, letter by letter or however you'd like, or even copy and paste the info to somewhere else like an e-mail or whatever. Too bad JAWS 5 won't do that. Anyways, if anyone else has a copy of the latest FAQ which, admittedly is a bit dusty but still answers some questions, please send it to the list so we can help Evan out here folks. I thought I had it, but it's gone missing!

Thanks.

At 11:08 AM 9/14/2007, you wrote:
I'm using JAWS 5, and Winamp 5.06, and I am wondering why - if I cycle through the windows, Main, Equalizer and Library - JAWS will read the full track info that is displayed, but if I want to look at it again, say to see how something is spelled, when I use the JAWS cursor in unrestricted mode, it shows only part of the title with an ellipsis after it. Does anyone know why it does that? and how to fix it?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am new here, and I still don't have access to the FAQ.

Thanks for any info.

Evan

http://www.eset.com