NFL Field Pass And Winamp

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For The Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:31:09 -0400

Hi List,

Well, fall is upon us and unlike in other years, I finally--amidst much
growling, wining and gnashing of teeth--subscribed to NFL field Pass for the
entire season and saved 5 dollars on the $34.95 full price thus making 252
radio broadcasts of regular season games plus playoffs and super bowl for the
paltry sum of $29.95.  I was at first encouraged that the Real Player itself
comes up when I play the radio games.  Usually, this means that I can play the
same content in Winamp.  I pasted the direct URL into Winamp and I got the
message: "Windows needs additional components to play this type of file; do you
wish to download and install these components? <Yes>, <No>?"  I answer yes to
this question and nothing happens.  I did in fact upgrade Real Player to the
latest version.  Other content that is in streaming Real Audio still plays in
Winamp with the now infamous Tara Plug-in.  Yet, I cannot play NFL field Pass
broadcasts in Winamp.

So with this rather extensive background provided, has anyone using Winamp and
subscribed to NFL field pass figured a way to use Winamp to listen to these
broadcasts?  What components would Windows need to play these broadcasts?
Could this be some upgrade to Winamp that is being referred to?  If so, how
would I find out what new components could be used in Winamp?

Note: I am using Winamp 5.094.

The Scourge Of Authoritarianism Is Intellectualism