MPG files

  • From: "Scott Wood" <scott.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp list" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:01:16 -0000

Hi list

Just joined and am a great fan of Winamp.  Hope you guys can help.

I've just bought a really cool TV USB pen drive (thumb drive to some) which
allows me to get freeview TV channels on my PC with the ability to easily
record programmes.  The chosen recording format of the software is MPG as it is
TV and radio.

I would really like to listen to these files in Winamp, but when I click on the
file, it loads into Winamp, but nothing plays.  When I query the length and
remaining time of the currently playing track, I am told that nothing is
playing.  I have changed the file type to include MPG extensions, but this
hasn't made any difference.

I've had a look at the input and output plugins, but I feel a tad out of my
depth.  When I tried to load one of them which mentioned MPG files, nothing
played at all and I had to reinstall Winamp.

If anyone can shed any light on this, I would be enormously grateful.  The
world of codecs and plugins and the like are still a mystery to me and I would
love to learn a bit more about them.  If anyone knows of any documentation that
explains these mysteries in a simple to understand way, please let me know.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards ... Scott