Re: Further Inquiry On Crashes: WasRe: major discovery!

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 03:14:07 -0600

hi Ron
You know, it's funny. I was talking to someone else today, and they never noticed what you did and i didn't either, but she did tell me that, for whatever stupid reason, all of a sudden, she would launch Winamp and without any kind of warning it would just crash. The only workaround for this was to uninstall, and then re-install. Note when you do this, your original files are left in tact like plugins etc. However, if you re-install and the same thing happens, then you'd probably want to just go ahead and do a fresh install. As for the problem with the library and switching stations, I haven't seen this bit of behavior, but I'll give it another try and report my findings. As I think about it, it probably isn't a good idea to report my discovery about the library to Nullsoft, because there are just so many other things I'm finding that are a bit weird with this release, and I want to be able to give other reports to them and have all my information together.

At 11:42 PM 2/25/2006, you wrote:
Hi Chris and anyone else who has been trying the work around for the
library:

Have any of you noticed that if you do the following, Winamp Crashes:

1.  Run Winamp;
2.  go to the library and use the work around to launch a station;
3.  with the station still playing, go back to the library and launch
another station;
4.  the result is that within half a minute or so, Winamp crashes and you
get the send error screen.

This does not happen if I stop the stream with the V key while in the main
window and then launch another stream.  I have had this happen 4 out of 5
times when I still left the original stream playing.