Frustrations with Winamp

  • From: Larry Higgins <lhiggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Winamp For The Blind <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 06:10:22 -0600

Hi Listers,

I decided to give Winamp 3.33 a try last night, and after experiencing a problem or two with it, decided to go back to a previous version. I completely uninstalled Winamp a couple of times after experiencing the problem of Winamp reducing volume whenever I fast forwarded or rewound. I didn't solve that problem until (I think) I turned off all DSP effect plugins, but who knows if this was the answer or not. But now to the most vexing problem.

With the latest installation, Winamp will take as long as a minute and a half to load. If I remember, at times it will come up almost instantly when running for the first time, but afterward, it takes forever to reload.

I've been using Winamp for nearly six years, and occasionally encounter the forward and rewind problem, but seldom the loading issue.

My computer is a 3gb P4 CPU, 1gb of ram, with 120gb on the larger drive, and 60gb on the other, and Window-Eyes 6.0.

Keep in mind, that this is an hours old problem. I upgraded to WE6 two weeks ago. Anyway, any help will be more than welcome.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated,

Larry