Flintstones Month Begins on Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 08:02:31 -0600 (CST)

Sunday's new Toews on the Waves broadcast kicks off Flintstones month here on Shellworld Radio. More on Flintstones Month in a bit. Please see the bottom of this message to find out where, when and how to listen.

If you missed last Sunday's TOTW, your chance to catch it again is this afternoon, Friday, at 4:00 PM right before Jonathan and Julia's totally amazing, awesome, incredible Mosen Explosion-like Mosen Explosion. The fifteen-minute spotlight features songs about rain, we have episode 6 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and our comedy segment features the likes of Stan Freberg, Monty Python, Alan Sherman and others.

And of course on Sunday, you can catch a brand new episode of TOTW. Not only do we start the Secondary Phase of Hitchhiker's, not only will our fifteen-minute spotlight feature look at songs with colors in them, not only do we have the cast of regulars such as Songs I Can't Stand and Ripley's Believe It Or Not, not only do we have the usual healthy dose of "a whole lot more", but as we said earlier, we're also kicking off Flintstones month. So just what the heck does Bruce mean, you ask, and will he ever get around to explaining it? Well, if you stop asking all those questions, I will.

The actors who played Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty on the Flintstones were also big players in old-time radio. So each week in March, during the comedy segment of the program, we'll be playing an old-time radio program wherein is featured one of these actors. This week it's Life with Luiji. The part of Luiji's nemesis Pasquali is played by Alan Reed, who was the voice of Fred Flintstone. Flintstones month promises to be a lot of fun on Toews on the Waves.

So please join me today before Jonathan and Julia burn up the airwaves for the repeat of last week's show, and Sunday for the ultra-new edition of Toews on the Wave on Shellworld Radio!

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.