Buffering on Oldies Radio Net

  • From: "Peter Russillo" <plrussillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For the Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 15:18:30 -0400

Hi list.  When listening to Oldies Radio Net where DJC's Jukebox broadcasts,
I can listen to it just fine for a few minutes; then it starts breaking up
and buffering.  I am using a 56K dial-up connection; the Oldies Radio Net I
have bookmarked in Winamp broadcasts at 32 KB which I know is okay for
dial-up.  I've checked the buffering on the Streaming tab on the MP3 decoder
plug-in (which also has the aac decoder in that same plug-in).  I have
buffering at 128, and the two sliders for pre-buffering are at 100 percent
(the max).  Is there anything else to try under Configuration in the MP3
Decoder plug-in that might make the buffering on this station a lot less?
The modem is set at the recommended 57 K speed.  Please let me know of any
tips or tricks to make listening to Oldies Radio Net better.

Peter Russillo