Re: Autotagger

  • From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:29:16 -0500

Hi Dana,

Go to the folder that contains all the files you want to tag--say a folder
containing an entire album.  Without entering the folder, highlight it.
Then use the right click menu and choose 'enqueue in Winamp.'  Winamp should
launch and if you have the playlist editor open, you should see all the
songs.  They will not play but they will be in a list.  Then using (in JAWS
I am not sure of Window-eyes) press numpad star for the right click menu.
(shift F10 does not work in this case for the right click menu.)  Then arrow
down to 'sendTo,' and press enter.  Highlight autotag and press enter.  This
opens up the autotagger and you can see the listings there.   tab to the
'select all' button and press space bar.  then Press the apply changes.

Now I warn you, this utility works reasonably well, but it is by no means
perfect.  If you choose to use this method, and if the program screws up,
you will probably have to manually edit all the tags yourself and enter the
correct information.  This has happened to me more than once.  That's why I
sometimes find it easier to go to Amazon or some other database like
Gracenote and look up the information and then manually enter it.