Re: A query about something to do with the configuration of the default input plugin in winamp?

  • From: "Darren Paskell" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:30:56 +0100

Hi.

Dan writes:
> By an archived file, you mean if I downloaded an > MP3?? > or just clicked
> link to listen to one of the archives.

By an archived file I mean any actual file on the internet which is played
through winamp. Any playlist file which links to an mp3 file on the web, or
any link directly to a real mp3 file. For example, let's say that I find out
that there's a very cool mp3 file available at
http://www.examplewebsite.com/content/stories/news_monday.mp3. If I pasted
that link into winamp through the good old Control-L dialogue, and had
Winamp set to save mp3 files as you have already described, then a local
backup of that file will be made, as I listen to it on my machine, in the
location I've laready specified. Similarly, if I find a link to a .m3u file,
or .pls file which also just happens to point to this mp3 file, then the
same thing will happen.

However, if I click on a listen link to a SHOUTCast stream, nothing will get
saved, since I'm streaming in realtime, and am not actually downloading and
listen to an mp3 file as I go.

Hope this helps.

Darren