[win2kforum] Re: Win98 Password Change...

  • From: trent <felix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:12:53 -0700

CQuigley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Can someone quickly hit me with the sequence of events in Win98 to change a
> password?
>
> (ie: Start/Settings/Control Panel/ Passwords, yadda yadda yadda)...
>
> I'm making a howto for my ...ahem... less technical users. My remote Sales
> guys use Win98, but my local network is all 2k, so I don't have a box handy
> to do it on.

   Start/Settings/Control Panel/Passwords/  now here there are two
buttons, "Change Windows Password" and "Change Other Passwords"  when
you click windows password it asks if you want to change other passwords
it know (novell, ms networking, screensaver...)  -or- you could click
'change other password' and it'll ask you if you want to change the
windows password at the same time.  Either way, asks for old password,
then new, then confirm the new and his ok.

   BTW, my network is almost completely Win2k... but I've got VMWare
boxes for 98 and 95 running on my box for things like this.  VMWare is good.

   trent