[win2kforum] Re: Online dictionary

  • From: "Jason Flatt" <jasonflatt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 05:33:41 -0700

A quick search of www.metacrawler.com yields these results:

RFC 1208:
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc1208.html

Telecommunications & Networking Glossary:
http://204.56.132.222/Courses/CIS304/netgloss.htm

ACC-NET (an ISP):
http://www.acc-net.com/Kahuna/glossaryA.htm

An older glossary:
http://www.pcns.net/netterms.html

cNet computer glossary:
http://www.cnet.com/Resources/Info/Glossary/

Also from my own bookmarks:

Highly technical and detailed:
http://www.protocols.com/

Many of them appear to have minor inaccuracies and/or be incomplete, and
most of them probably have way more information than you need or are looking
for, but it's a start. If you read through three or four of them, you'll be
able to get an idea of what the terms mean.

Jason Flatt