[win2kforum] Re: Inaccessible Boot Device

  • From: "Jacques Fiorentino" <jacques@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:31:17 -0700

Not to panic, but I though I'd send you this alert I received yesterday. It
probably has nothing to do with it, but I thought I'd make you aware of it:

INFOWORLD ALERT: SECURITY ALERT
Wednesday,  April 25, 2001

CHERNOBYL TO HIT AGAIN THURSDAY

April 25, 2001 03:17 PM

CHERNOBYL, A 3-YEAR-OLD virus that devastated thousands
of computers worldwide when it first hit in 1999, is
set to become active again Thursday, according to
anti-virus company Trend Micro. The virus, officially
called CIH but better known by its more incendiary
moniker, is triggered every April 26.

For Full Story:
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/04/25/010425hnchern.xml?0425aler