Re: diag: Bad file number: estart

  • From: spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:20:03 +0000

Sorry if you also get this twice.

> running wily-9libs (there is only one of those, right?) i get the
> following error message:
>
> diag: Bad file number: estart
>
> when i try to start a (slow running) program 15 times by B2 on it. if i
> persist (try to start it about 20 times) wily crashes. if i wait for
> program invocation 1 to stop, i can start a new instance.
>
> is this just me?

No. this happens too in the non 9-libs version.  I changed
a #defined constant somewhere which increased the number of
processes. Sorry I can't remember where though.

The real problem is probably not setting the constant big enough,
but the error handling surrounding it.

In any case, a data structure which allows the nuber of
processes to grow infinately may be better than the
array currently used.

ian