[wiaattorneys] FW: Re: TRA Income Assistance

  • From: "Pomerantz, Jane C. (GC-LI)" <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:27:06 -0500

Paul cited a PA case but the case did not really rule on that issue.
This was a very complicated case of claimants who applied for benefits
about 7-20 years after certification.  They were trying to get claims
under old petitions when DOL would not certify the plant under its
latest closure.  If you have nothing to do and are feeling masochistic
read this case.  However, you will never feel the amount of pain we went
through dealing with hundreds claims in this case only. But it was not
the only case.  There were several other cases which dealt with almost
3000 claimants at the same time.

JP