[wiaattorneys] Charging Participants

  • From: "Pomerantz, Jane C. \(GC-LI\)" <jpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wiaattorneys@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 10:07:16 -0400

We have a local area that  wants to charge participants $100 when they
go to WIA training over $1000. Their reason is that people are starting
training but then dropping out because they have no incentive to stick
with it.

I'm going to look through WIA and regs and TEGLs but was wondering if
anyone has dealt with this or can direct me to the particular statute or
reg or preamble language or TEGL on charging participants or, according
to my gut, NOT.

JP

Jane C. Pomerantz
Deputy Chief Counsel
Department of Labor & Industry
Phone: 717-787-4186
Fax:     717-787-1303

Wisdom is knowing the right road to take.
Integrity is taking it.