[whpva] VOTE CALL: rule amendments concerning energy storage

  • From: Edgar Teufel <edgar.teufel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 01:00:01 +0200

Dear WHPVA board members,

Nick asked me to forward to you a proposal for a rule amendment (see text below) and to conduct you to hold a referendum on it.
Please read carefully the modified rules, discuss them with your member organisation and make up your minds. According to our constitution each member of the board (i.e. representative of the member organisation) has got one vote (ACCEPT or REJECT the amendment and let it take effect immediately rather than in November 2015). You can vote by responding to this email or by sending an email to edgar.teufel@xxxxxxxxxx containing your choice (ACCEPT or REJECT). Please do so before June 5th, 2015 (20 working days from this post). Simple majority of received votes decides the matter.

The current rules can be found on our website. The proposed amendments are (changes bracketed with "*"):

3.1.2 Energy Storage: No device which stores energy over more than one input power cycle (e.g., one leg stroke), or which releases energy under control of the operator, may be used in any event except the road race, or speed events longer than one mile. Energy storage devices are permitted in these events provided no energy**is stored before the start of the event. This means absolutely no chemical, electrical, kinetic, potential, or other form of energy storage at the start. This includes phase-change vests or ice packs. *The use of spray water bottles with ambient temperature water is accepted*.

Your choice is:
[ ] ACCEPT the amended paragraph as listed above and let it take effect immediately
[ ] REJECT the amended paragraph

Deadline: June 5th, 2015

Please feel free to discuss the issue on whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx. And please note that I can not take part in the discussion (because I am not a board member). But I will try to answer questions.

Kind regards