[whpva] Big HPV event in Paris - October 2015

  • From: Jean-Charles Gosselin <jeancharles.gosselin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: whpva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:36:45 +0200

Dear WHPVA committee,
We are currently in touch with an influent man who would like to organize a
big HPV event in Paris downtown in October 2015.

We have been talking over the phone and for the land HPV, there would be
speed trials along the Seine river and a circuit race between two bridges
over the Seine.
He would also like to have every kind of HPV and he is thinking of water
races on the Seine river.

HELP NEEDED - WATER EVENT
As we are not familiar with water HPV, I am asking the committee if someone
could help us setting up the water event:
- advice to set up the water races (racing program, how to organize it,
important things not to forget...)
- how to get in touch with teams that could be interested in participating
to the event

HELP NEEDED - PICTURES
We are also looking for nice looking HPV pictures to raise the chances to
set up the event. We are looking for:
- good quality HPV pictures
- free of rights
- illustrating the 'race' and 'technical' nature of HPV
 Again, our book is poor of water and also aircraft HPV. Would you have
such pictures and agree we use them for this event?

HELP NEEDED - HP AIRCRAFT?
Finally, would you have contacts with HPV aircraft owners? My contact is a
former airline pilot and maybe he could be interested in setting up a human
powered flight in Paris area.
It looks very tricky to me but any help would be welcome.

It was great seeing the Velair at Interlaken's 1999 championship!

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS CALENDAR
As the event could be held every other year, I was wondering what is the
provisional calendar for the World's. If the date is available it could be
an idea to set up the 2017 World's in Paris...
Actually, that was my idea for 2014 but we had not enough volunteers to do
it on our own. Now, I think it is highly possible, which is exiting!

Best Regards,
Jean-Charles Gosselin
France-HPV