[whitmanpta] Call for Library Volunteers

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:18:18 -0700

Dear Whitman Families and Friends,

Please read the following message from one of Whitman Parents regarding
keeping the Whitman Elementary Library.

During the School Site Council meetings at Whitman the parents went to bat
to keep the library open in spite of the fact that we did not have funds for
a librarian.  We said that we would be willing to staff it with volunteers.
Well here's our chance to make good on our promise.  Karen has been
WONDERFUL in helping get everything started.  I offered to be her point of
contact to help gather and organize volunteers.  Attatched is a flyer about
volunteering.  Please spread the word that the library needs volunteers,
some weekly, some not.  Our biggest task at the moment is putting away books
that have been checked in and getting ready to tackle the teacher resource
section.  Have anyone interested contact me (my phone and an email are on
the flyer) and I will check with Angela and make sure they can volunteer in
the school and then we will put them to work.  Thanks for all you have done
for this school!

Sincerely,

Lynn Reeves