[webproducers] Re: webproducers Digest V2 #13

  • From: "Alison" <lewischicken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:45:33 -0500

Here are a few sites:

15 Seconds

working with Microsoft Internet Solutions.
  Category: ASP Developer Sites

4 Guys From Rolla

ASP Articles | ASPMessageboard.com | ASPFAQs.com | ASP.NET
  Category: ASP Developer Sites

ASP 101

Pages information!
  Category: ASP Developer Sites

ASP Emporium

Gearhart
  Category: ASP Developer Sites

asp101

  Category: ASP Developer Sites

builder

  Category: ASP Developer Sites

LDAP Web Interface

  Category: ASP Developer Sites

SQL GURU

  Category: ASP Developer Sites

Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 2:02 AM
To: webproducers digest users
Subject: webproducers Digest V2 #13

webproducers Digest     Mon, 27 Jan 2003        Volume: 02  Issue: 013

In This Issue:
                [webproducers] Can anyone recommend good backend info
resour
                [webproducers] Re: Can anyone recommend good backend
info re

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:24:51 -0800 (PST)
From: james scola <jscola_72@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webproducers] Can anyone recommend good backend info resources

January 27, 2003

Hello Everyone,

Can you please recommend some good resources(web
sites, books) dealing with backend programming, server
side technology, e-commerce and databases..i.e. ASP,
PHP, JAVA, PERL, Cold Fusion, etc..

I am seeking to acquire an overview and rudimentary
knowledge of the programming languages and theories
involved in web development beyond HTML, Flash and
design.

Thanks,
james scola

=====
James N Scola

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:39:35 -0500
Subject: [webproducers] Re: Can anyone recommend good backend info
From: Marc Siry <lists@xxxxxxxx>

james scola wrote:

> I am seeking to acquire an overview and rudimentary
> knowledge of the programming languages and theories
> involved in web development beyond HTML, Flash and
> design.

Hello James,

For my tentative forays into PHP and MySQL, I've been very happy with
DevShed:

http://devshed.com/

I find their tutorials very easy to follow, and the forums often contain
useful information.

Good luck,

--
Marc Siry
Interactive Creative Director

------------------------------

From: "Marc Simony" <marc@xxxxxxxxx>
resources
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:43:13 -0500

I've found W3Schools Online Web Tutorials to be a great general
resource:
http://www.w3schools.com/

--Marc

> Can you please recommend some good resources(web
> sites, books) dealing with backend programming, server
> side technology, e-commerce and databases..i.e. ASP,
> PHP, JAVA, PERL, Cold Fusion, etc..
>
> I am seeking to acquire an overview and rudimentary
> knowledge of the programming languages and theories
> involved in web development beyond HTML, Flash and
> design.
>
> Thanks,
> james scola
>

> =====
> James N Scola

website.

> Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers
dot
org

------------------------------

From: "Dave Bushnell" <dave@xxxxxxx>
resources
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:54:36 -0500

Hi James --

I personally love the books published by WROX.  They take a step-by-step
approach, often a little clearer than O'Reilly books.  But they don't
spoon-feed, you can move pretty quickly through the material without a
whole
bunch of filler.

Don't know about Cold Fusion, but I have their books on ASP, ASP
Application
Design, Javascript, Professional XML, C++, Visual Basic and JAVA and
they've
all been winners.

Good Luck!

-- Dave Bushnell

Creative development for interactive media.
    212-741-9588 | http://www.dma.net