[webproducers] Special Discount to WPO Members from Jared Spool of User Interface Engineering

  • From: "m o r r y" <morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:19:11 -0500

I wanted to give a special public thank you to Jared Spool for coming to New
York to talk to WPO members and The New School University CIC community.
Jared's Why Good Content Must Suck: Designing for the Scent of Information talk
provided a very different take on usability and content. I know I for one am
still thinking about Jared's point of why the Home Page should be designed
last.  I hope all that attended enjoyed the talk and as promised the powerpoint
is available now as a PDF on www.WebProducers.org .

Additionally,  Jared is offering a discount to WPO members for two upcoming
events that he asked me to tell you about.  His message follows below.

January 27th and 28th
Web Application Design Summit. This is the first event to really explore the
challenges faced by those folks who are building web-based applications. As a
special offering to WPO members, we're extending a $300 discount to anyone who
registers by Friday, January 24, with the promotion code WEBPRO1. You can get
more information on the Summit at http://www.uie.com/webapp .

March 23-27
User Interface 7 West conference in San Francisco, March 23-27. This four-day
event is jam-packed with the latest information from experts in areas of web
design, persona development, online copy, and information architecture. Again,
we're extending a discount of $50 off of each day or $250 off of a four-day
registration, if you register by February 14 with the promotion code WEBPRO2.
You can get more information on the conference at http://www.uiconf.com .

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail  info at webproducers dot org