[webproducers] Re: Image Management S/W

  • From: Florian Fangohr <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 14:20:26 -0400

Hi,

If you are looking for something web based you might want to look into
Gallery:
http://gallery.menalto.com/

It's free/open source and infinitely expandable by a plugin
architecture and it has a nice permission based user management system.
It can display pretty much anything you can think of, including
movies, flash files and RAW image (via plugin).

We have a site were we upload inspirational files based on gallery
here: http://inspiratiohn.fangohr.com/

(I just broke the PDF display and I haven't had a chance to rectify it
yet, not the systems fault :)

Good luck,

Florian

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Otto Avila wrote:

> TGIF y'all
>

> I just joined a small start up that's growing. Assets such as PSD's,
> EPS, JPGs, etc... are scattered on different people's machine.
>

> I am looking for recommendations for image management software to help
> organize all these  assets and make it searchable - there are 2
> offices
> in CA and NY so it needs to be an online solution .
>

> And if this same software can automatically script TIFF into the
> various
> thumbnails the site uses this would be a nice touch, but not a
> dealbreaker.
>

> Scene 7 image management software might be overkill and I'm always
> leery
> of getting tied  into such an expensive closed source solution, but
> it's
> my boss' preference.
>

> Any recommendations and/or a discussion are mightily appreciated.
>

> thanks,
>
> -Otto Avila
>
> http://www.mywinesdirect.com <http://www.mywinesdirect.com/>
>

> --
> Check out the Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim
> your posts and delete personal information if you do not want them
> in the public web archive.

> confirmation e-mail)
>
> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
> http://webproducers.org/join.html

-

honest communications
for a better tomorroh