[webproducers] Re: Becoming a web producer

  • From: kellie rich <richkellie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 19:12:23 +0000

hi I am also in tv. I also am interested in the same things that jeanette
asked. Only difference is I dabbled a little in web producing for tv already,
just need the training.. check out TV jobs. They are always looking for people.
Also check with the stations in your area, see if you can help them updated
their website part time. Offer them you experience as a web producer, tell them
you can make them look better. hope this helps

> Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 14:08:34 -0400
> From: tsamassekou@xxxxxxxxx
> To: webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [webproducers] Re: Becoming a web producer
>
> I would start here:
> iwanet.org
>
> I personally feel like the Web is one place were it doesn't matter how you
> got your chops - it just matters that you have them. Mostly, you need to be
> on top of the newest developments, which in my opinion makes master's and
> even college courses in general too slow.
>
> It took me I think under a year to complete the Certificate in Web
> Technologies with IWAnet. This gives you a solid grounding in HTML, CSS, Web
> Design, Dreamweaver, etc. In fact, I didn't know I would become a Web
> Producer, but these courses gave me what I needed for my boss to promote me
> without my asking to become a Producer. I ended up loving it.
>
> I am happy to discuss this further. Please feel free to write me directly.
> This is a wonderful job. Congrats for looking into it.
>
> Conversely, I have always been interested in TV. Are there any in roads
> you'd recommend for a Web Producer interested in dabbling?
>
> -Tamara
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:56 AM, <fabproducer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > My name is Jeanette and I have been working the television industry for
> > about 7 years. The company I worked for just went bankrupt. I have decided
> > to re-educate myself on newer technology. What is the best way to become a
> > web producer? Going to get my MFA in art & tech or going to the local junior
> > college and taking html, flash, dreamweaver? What are the best classes to
> > take? I have plenty of questions. I hope this group can assist with moving
> > my career ahead into the future.
> >
> > Best,
> > Jeanette
> > Fabproducer@xxxxxxxxx
> > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
> >

> > --
> > Check out the Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
> >
> > Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your
> > posts and delete personal information if you do not want them in the public
> > web archive.

> > confirmation e-mail)
> >
> > Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
> > http://webproducers.org/join.html
> >

> --
> Check out the Web Producers Job Board http://jobs.webproducers.org
>
> Messages are archived in our publicly accessible web archive. Trim your posts
> and delete personal information if you do not want them in the public web
> archive.

> e-mail)
>
> Manage your subscripton (digest, vacation mode, unsubscribe) at
> http://webproducers.org/join.html

See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.