[wdmaudiodev] Re: virtual audio driver

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:31:49 -0700

LAWRENCE KARTHAUSER wrote:
> Thank you for replying so fast!
>
> I am considering a shareware product to process audio, and also i want to run
> it on several machines and not have to pay a licence each time.
>
> VAC is too expensive and i need to make my own.

I just don't understand this thinking.  You can get 10 licenses for
$200.  That's less than one day's labor, and it's going to cost you WAY
more than one day to write this.

> Can you or the group help me?

What functionality are you after?  Tell us how you envision this
working.  MSVAD merely demonstrates the framework.  As coded, it reads
and writes data from disk.  If you need to send the data to a user mode
(as VAC does), you have to add that.  None of that exists in MSVAD.