[wdmaudiodev] user mode and kernel mode communication in wdm audio capture driver

  • From: "Yong Liu" <ly.didiom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:57:43 -0800

Hi all,

I am on a project to produce a virtual wdm audio capture driver. The
requirement for this driver is to periodically receive audio data from
client (service) and in the graphedit, the driver is instantiated as an
audio capture source, and builds the filter graph for the application. I
developed an avstream audio driver, it works well, but this driver did not
show up in the category "audio capture sources", I googled on line, but
could not find answer. Now I plan to develop a portcls audio driver, I am
totally new to portcls. After I read some DDK and msvaud sample, I did not
find ways like in avstream for user mode and kernel mode communication. In
avstream, IKscontrol:ksevent, ksproperty, ksmethod are useful ways for the
client to response to kernel events, and send data back to driver, also in
avstream, ksstream_header, and frame allocation are useful structures for
manipulating audio data, but in portcls, I did not find corresponding parts.
I think I miss something in portcls, so where I can find those parts such as
structure defining (allocating) audio data (buffer), how to send events to
client (service)? Thank you very much for your help.

Yong