[wdmaudiodev] Re: usbaudio.sys

  • From: "DJ Sisolak" <dsisolak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:07:14 -0800

Hello Tim,

That is not necessarily true. First, usbaudio.sys stopped using the
stream class shell after Win2K in favor of the avstream driver shell.
That not withstanding, the interface to any one of the usbaudio drivers
is via ks whether it be the Stream.sys version of Win98 and Win2k or the
AVStream (ks.sys) version of those OSes since. I believe what Hannah is
trying to do (and Hannah, please correct me if I am wrong) is to open
the USBAudio driver in the video driver to facilitate A/V sync. However
I do not see how this would be easier than doing it at the app level.
The requests are generally the same either way.

Thanks,
DJ Sisolak
Microsoft Corporation

rights.