[wdmaudiodev] kmixer behavior with mono files (dwChannelMask= SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT)

  • From: "Marc Titinger" <titinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:00:12 +0100

Hello All,

I'm trying to have DirectSound (kmixer) play a mono file with
dwChannelMask= SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT on a stereo stream without having the
right channel data copied to left and rigth.

My render pin is at most stereo and does not support h/w acceleration or
multiple instanciation yet. As MediaPlayer plays the file, the
DataRangeIntersection (on XP) turns like :

pin client datarange    : MaxChan: 65535
pin datarange           : MaxChan: 2
RESULTING                       : Channels: 2, ChannelMask: 3

Both IMiniportWavePci::NewStream and IMiniportWavePciStream::SetFormat
get called with

DataFormat: 48000kHz, Channels: 2, bps: 24
DataFormat: WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE : wValidBitsPerSample: 24, ChannelMask:
3

So I guess I need to implement some other property,
(KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_CHANNEL_CONFIG maybe ?) to be aware of the file's
channel layout, and force ChannelMask = SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT in the
DataRangeIntersection ??

thanks alot for your help.
Marc.