[wdmaudiodev] Re: Vista default audio format

  • From: "Jeff Pages" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:10:18 +1000

Thanks Noel.

I've searched through my copy of the WDK (build 5112) but couldn't find the sample inf file that you've quoted from, either in the documentation or the source samples. Is this from a later build of the WDK, or am I missing something?

I'm also not entirely sure of what to do with this. The PKEY_AudioEngine_OEMFormat value appears to be in part a WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE structure, but I'm not sure what the first 8 bytes are. Also this seems to be part of an HD Audio specification. Is this only applicable to HD audio devices? Where does this fit into the INF file for a plain old ordinary WavePCI device?

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "Noel Cross" <noelc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>