[wdmaudiodev] Re: Using user defined IOCTL calls in MSVAD

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:11:31 -0700

AsHwAtH wrote:

> I am currently using MSVAD driver for my application.
>
> Is it possible to define user defined IOTCL calls with the current
> MSVAD sample available.
>
> This is what I want to do.
> The 2 basic API's CopyTo and CopyFrom has to be called from my
> application through the IOTCL that i have defined instead of the
> exisiting KStreaming. (like.. KS_START, KS_RUN).
> Can this be done?
>
> Will defining DeviceIOControl at the start of AddDevice work? Or  is
> there a better way to do?

The documentation for PcInitializeAdapterDriver talks about this.  You
can override the DeviceControl pointer that port class sets up with your
own pointer, as long as you call PcDispatchIrp from within your own
handler to allow the standard KS IOCTLs to be handled.  I suspect you
would want to do this in your DriverEntry routine.