[wdmaudiodev] USB Audio specification - feature unit question

  • From: Bartosik Lukasz-ALB045 <lukasz.bartosik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 13:00:53 +0000

Hello,

I've got a question related to behavior of feature unit in Windows 7.

I have a feature unit which supports only volume control for master channel:

===>Audio Control Feature Unit Descriptor<===
bLength:                           0x09
bDescriptorType:                   0x24
bDescriptorSubtype:                0x06
bUnitID:                           0x06
bSourceID:                         0x05
bControlSize:                      0x01
bmaControls[0]:
02
bmaControls[1]:
00
iFeature:                          0x00

And when I go to "Levels" tab in properties for that audio device the volume
slider is there,
however there is also mute control enabled even though configuration of feature
unit advertised support for volume only.

Any clues why mute control is not disabled ?

Thanks,
Lukasz