[wdmaudiodev] Testing audio drivers with WLK

  • From: Eugene Muzychenko <emuzychenko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 17:30:44 +0600

I'm trying to test my audio WDM driver with WLK 1.2. Firstly, I see most
audio tests are for Vista only (executables are built for Win32
subsystem 6.00 and use API functions specific for Vista). Therefore,
you cannot fully test your audio driver under Windows 2000/XP/2003.
Only a limited "legacy" set of tests is available for 5.x systems.

Secondly, "Wave Filter Test" (wavetest.exe) works incorrectly.
Regardless of the device and pin being tested, it requires to plug all
unplugged endpoints, even these endpoints belong to other filters and
are completely unrelated to filter/pin being tested.

Can WLK 1.2 be considered as a good testing tool for audio WDM
filters? I used HCT 12.1 before and thought WLK is more robust and
adequate but it doesn't look like that. :(