[wdmaudiodev] Re: Strange USB device behaviour

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 08:52:51 +0200

Robert Bielik skrev 2011-06-10 14:14:
In my application (which shall use the mic) on Vista, I can see it (because I
have portaudio with WDM/KS as audio backend), but I cannot record anything from
it because the reading thread (getting packets from WaveCyclic driver) goes
well up to 100% CPU (!!)

Problem was that the particular mic driver upon pin read didn't reset the
buffer signalling event (or rather it set it), so that the capture loop ran
tightly
resulting in 100% CPU. If I reset the event after pin read, it works fine.

Question though is how can this can, as the mic uses usbaudio.sys and I have
never encountered this with any other USB device before !?

/Rob