[wdmaudiodev] Re: Set as Default Device programmatically or using inf on Windows 7 and later.

  • From: Matthew van Eerde <Matthew.van.Eerde@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:22:31 +0000

Well... should your device be the default? What other audio devices are on the
system?

The general principle to follow is: advertise your hardware’s capabilities as
faithfully as possible, and hope Windows does the right thing.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/matthew_van_eerde/archive/2014/03/24/troubleshooting-default-audio-device-heuristics.aspx

(If you think you have found a case where Windows does not do the right thing,
let us know, and we’ll see if we can fix it.)