[wdmaudiodev] Re: SCMS support

  • From: KS <wakeup1504@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:56:23 +0800

Hi,

I'm looking at supporting SCMS on SPDIF-In and SPDIF-Out and was looking for
any information on how the OS would make calls to
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_COPY_PROTECTION to trigger the copy protection based on the
content playing.

So am I correct to say that current, as the OS does not do the detection on
content that requires copy protection, it is up to the individual driver to
detect the SPDIF preamble and enable the necessary steps to fulfill the SCMS
copy protection? In Windows 7, if I support the
KSPROPERTY_AUDIO_COPY_PROTECTION, how do I trigger Media Center to use it?
Thanks.

KS